Sunday, January 27, 2008

this explains a lot

as you could probably tell by the mood of my recent posts, last week sucked. sucked royally. sucked in a major way. there was no one particular reason for the suckage... I think it was more of a perfect storm of different elements, such as the horrible weather (gray, cold, rainy, gross), horrible meetings (it's so much fun to walk out of client meetings feeling completely demoralized! except not at all), and long, tiring days.

I realized something, though. try Googling the phrase "most depressing day of the year" and take a look at your results: http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS257&q=most+depressing+day+of+year

nearly all of the days are in last week!

this explains so much. it wasn't my fault! the stars were aligned against me! screw the long days, the painful meetings, the cold weather, the sadness that I am no longer in Paris... it's a universal sickness and one that has hopefully passed.

I spent the wknd psyching myself back up for another week. martinis w/friends on Fri night, a long run on each day (six miles today!), some quality time spent getting re-acquainted with my friend Harry Potter (okay, I am an unabashed HP fan but even I must admit that sounded a little bit geeky), and lots of happy flip-flop time (today was 70 degrees), and I'm feeling better.

bring on the week, bitches. now that the most depressing days of the years are over, it can only get better, right?

right?

well, if not, there's always this: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

(will either cure your depression or make you even more depressed. take your pick.)

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET! i heart joey!

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you find this sh&t? i know you sit at work and google NKOTB all day....

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger L Sass said...

Joey McIntyre cures all my sadness...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home