Wednesday, January 23, 2008

how to salvage a bad day

this morning was, on many counts (or is it by many counts?), pretty crappy. the weather was cold and rainy. I couldn't drag my ass out of bed and managed to snooze for over an hour (it's a special talent of mine) instead of getting up early and going to the gym as I had planned. there was drama @ work on one of my projects, drama which made me really angry that I worked until 8 pm last night to get something really perfect. I also made the decision to pull an old pair of almost-never-worn pants out of the closet and show them some love... but then realized once I sat down at my desk why I almost never wear them: they are super-old and not very comfortable (read: high-rise waist and slightly too-small size).

sigh. I am brilliant!

now, here's where the story gets better. my awesome friend Sabia and I had made lunch plans weeks ago in which we would head over to the lovely Whole Foods culinary center and do a lunch express workshop. basically it's a live cooking class where the teacher shows you how to cook a three-course meal and you get to eat it! so simple yet so wonderful.

here was the menu:
  • french onion soup (one of my favorite soups in the world)
  • steak frites (grilled flank steak + twice-cooked fries served with roquefort butter)
  • chocolate cake fondant (with chocolate glace and frangelico meringue)

I'm telling you, my day has turned right around. the teacher was fantastic - friendly and full of tips and not at all pretentious. the food was deLICious - piping hot and tasty and served by friendly WF staff. they print out the recipes for you so you can take them home and try them, and I am confident that I could pull off pretty much everything she made.

not bad, huh? now if I could only do something about these stupid pants...

6 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger K said...

I swear that there is another blog entry of yours in which you wrote the EXACT SAME SENTENCE about those pants.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger L Sass said...

That sounds like the most divine lunch ever! I'm jealous.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was going to make the same comment about the pants. when you get home tonight, take them off and deliver them to straight to salvation army. after you pout on a replacement pair of pants, that is.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger FoodSnob said...

yum. i've been wanting to make French onion soup for a while...maybe next week. hope it's still raining!!!

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto on the pants story -- donate those effers already!

yummmm french onion....

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow gold
wow gold
wow gold
wow gold
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
World of Warcraft gold
power leveling
powerleveling
power leveling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home