Wednesday, December 05, 2007

in which i beat the system

(warning: post from blackberry ahead. May include poor grammar.)

I am pleased to announce that this morning, I decided to do my responsible citizen thing and picked up my phone to call the whole foods manager. I calmly explained what had happened. I told him that I am a frequent customer and that I spend money in their store several times a week, sometimes even several times a day (morning coffee, lunch, afternoon gelato break). I reassured him that he would not be losing my business because of this but that I was extremely disappointed about what had happened and that I thought they had higher quality standards.

He apologized profusely, of course, and assured me that he would look into the problem. He asked what I had ordered and whether I'd ever found anything before. I answered all of his questions and told him that I had to run, I had a meeting to go to but as a frequent customer I thought it was my duty to let him know that this happened and that I told my entire team about it. He told me to stop by the guest services desk at lunchtime so he could reimburse me for my lunch.

Turns out I got more than the $8 my lunch had cost... He left me a gift card for $50!

Now that's what I call an acceptable response... If they could just do something about those bugs and their high prices I'd be all good...

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aujourd'hui, j'ai mange les cuisses de grenuilles, les calamares, et les profiteroles... tres magnifique! (et beaucoup du vin, tu sais....)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger L Sass said...

Now I wish that I'd gotten a subpar lunch from Whole Foods last week! I could use $50 of deliciousness.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ou se trouve la prochaine?? je m'ennuie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home