Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the problem with living in Texas

...is that you forget how the weather works in the rest of the country (oh man I sound like a real texan- the bad kind- the kind that doesn't realize there is actually a whole country and world outside of Texas). Exhibit a: the packing that I am supposed to be doing right now. Despite the fact that I have checked the DC weather about six times, I still haven't internalized the fact that the low temperatures are going to be in the 20s. Buh? 20s? What does that mean? Does that mean that I shouldn't bring the outfit of short-sleeved top with jeans and cute flats with no socks that I wore to work today? Does that mean I have to bring a jacket? Gloves? A scarf? Do I even have those things anymore? I am wandering around my room aimlessly, wondering if I can get away with jeans, a tank, a sweater and some sockless flats. For some reason I have become very anti-sock in the almost-two years that I've lived here. The only times I wear socks now are when i'm running or when i'm wearing my cowboy boots (omg 2nd bad texan moment in this post).

For the DC buddies that I will hopefully get to see, please don't laugh at me when you see me freezing my ass off in short sleeves and cowboy boots, ok? I blame Texas.

Happy turkey day to you all.

4 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger L Sass said...

Sounds divine to me. It was freakin cold in NYC!

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

challo?

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JMWT, Where are you???

Withdrawel!

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, withdrawel....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home