Friday, May 18, 2007

things you do not want to hear during the focus group you're moderating

me: "so, by way of introduction, I'd like to get to know you guys a little better. tell me about your career choices. why did you want to be a general contractor?"

respondent: "well, you know, it was the only job I could land with my criminal background."

me: "oh. right. so, moving right along...."

---

me: "so, thanks again for coming. we really appreciate all of your feedback and insights. as promised, here is an envelope with $250 as a thank you for coming by and talking to us."

respondent: "maybe you can help us spend this money by coming to the bar with us for drinks."

a different respondent: "yeah, did you know you have a beautiful smile?"

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger L Sass said...

So, you went, right? Those guys sound like some really good romantic prospects for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home