Wednesday, May 09, 2007

o caffeinated, zero-calorie bliss

oh happy day -- they've replaced the old soda machine in our kitchen with a new COKE BRAND machine that sells DIET COKE for a QUARTER!!!!!!!!! no more yucky diet pepsi for ME, bitches!!!!

my life is now complete.

I made a delicious tofu and vegetable stir-fry for dinner last night (marinated tofu, asparagus tips, bok choy, red bell pepper, shrooms, some ginger, garlic, and chilies with a soy/black bean sauce) and will enjoy the leftovers for lunch today with an ICE COLD DIET COKE.

(this past wknd I had another culinary victory when I made my first risotto... springtime risotto with green garlic and leeks. delicious! yay for Kim O'Donnel, best food writer ever!)

(also, apologies for the lame/random collection of words and photos that are masquerading as real posts. I know I have not fooled you o wise readers. am just swamped at work if you haven't guessed that already. the bad news is that I've been glued to TV screens, reviewing footage of my Arkansas interviews, searching in vain for the perfect quote to support our creative ideas. the good news is that I've perfected my Arkansas redneck accent -- elongated vowels, drawn-out last syllables, frequent pauses -- and can sound as Southern as they come. yee-freaking-haw baby!)

oh how I wish I could be doing this instead:



















back to work. back to diet coke. back to craziness. someone help me.

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger L Sass said...

Diet coke for a QUARTER!!!

Excuse me while I book my plane ticket to Austin... Texas suddenly seems like a dream world to me!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Will said...

A quarter!?! That's ridiculous. I feel your pepsi pain, though. I feel slightly embarrassed for my tablemates when I order coke at a restaurant, they ask "Is Pepsi okay?" and I ask for something else.

I've been meaning to make that spring risotto. I have the leeks but no green garlic, which I had never heard of before Kim mentioned it in that blog. She said you can use garlic chives and/or shallots instead, so I'll try those.

I also <3 Kim. Can you find my question in her most recent online discussion?

I made an asparagus risotto from Mark Bittman's column the other night. It was a big hit.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger McCoy said...

i have the choice of a pepsi or coke machine at work - both of which cost only a quarter - and i get diet pepsi every time! how can you drink diet coke? god its horrible. (do you like how this is the first post i responded to in like a year? im passionate about my diet soft drinks dammit)

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DI-YET-COKE! DI-YET-COKE!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Erica said...

i wish you were doing that, too, because i'm pretty sure that was a picture of you mixing me my third?fourth?fifth? cosmo.... yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home