Wednesday, May 23, 2007

geeky ad humor

trust me, I won't hold it against you if you don't visit this link but as an ad-person I found it somewhat amusing: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zv6w_the-break-up

real posts to come soon, I promise. I'm a bit out of it because I was in Knoxville, TN for one of those less-than-24-hours fly-in-and-fly-out business trips (side story: when I asked the hotel clerk to recommend a good restaurant in downtown Knoxville, she told me she doesn't know any because downtown is "really, really far" and she never goes there. customer service issues aside, I was confused because on the map it had looked relatively close to my airport hotel. I asked how far was far and she said "really far -- like 10 miles away." I tried really hard not to laugh. and then I got in my rental car, drove myself downtown and circled until I found a decent-looking seafood restaurant, where I had a half-dozen deliciously fresh oysters on the half shell with lots of tabasco and horseradish, some incredibly rich crab bisque, a few bites of calamari, and a large glass of wine. bon appetit!).

although Little Rock and Knoxville were both perfectly nice places to visit for a brief business trip, let the record show that moving to a place like that would basically constitute cruel and unusual punishment. there's just... not much there.

ok, back to work now--

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice to think that 10 minutes out of the way is too far... simply amazing.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Erica said...

welcome to my world, where target, at the far reaches of the universe, is 15 minutes up route 29 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home