Tuesday, November 13, 2007

obligatory post about the weather

take a look at the forecast and say it with me now: "WTF?"























I worked from home yesterday because I wasn't feeling great and was forced by the combination of overly warm weather + low-grade fever to actually turn on the AIR CONDITIONING. in NOVEMBER. when thanksgiving is mere DAYS away (yum, turkey).

is it weird that I am looking forward to the WINDY weather on Thurs?

on an unrelated note, I am currently obsessed with the song "Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson... apparently it got all this acclaim when it was featured in an Old Navy commercial about sweaters, but I guess I missed that. it's a sweet, hopeful love song that is a cross between jewel's "you were meant for me" and sarah mclachlan's "your love is better than ice cream" (or whatever that song's called).

also, I found out that one of my bestest friends in the world got engaged this past wknd... and then another friend at work (who graduated from college the same year I did) is expecting. what is this world coming to? aren't we still, like, 17?

4 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger L Sass said...

I am also obsessed with that Ingrid Michaelson song!! I have been listening to it nonstop for weeks. I especially like to sing AS "I'll buy you Rogaine, when you start losing all your hair." He is only moderately amused by this.

Last week, I came into work and had a voicemail from my mom saying, "I just heard a song on the radio that I think you'd like..." Yup, it was also "The Way I Am."

I got the whole album from iTunes, but so far the Old Navy song is still my favorite.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Texas. Just be glad that this summer was mild - in fact, it was the coolest summer I've ever seen in my 20+ years in Texas.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Erica said...

if people steal my wedding song because of your blog, i will disinvite you.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer Kim said...

who's going to sing it, then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home