Monday, October 01, 2007

a post that is not about the cockroach

(I know! surprising, huh?? but for those of you that have inquired, the cockroach has since been removed from his comfy little set-up and has gone on to cockroach heaven, which, in case you're wondering, can be found by flushing yourself down the toilet.)

instead, I will write a very brief post about how I had house guests for the past five days and am now exhausted, poor, and possibly sick -- yet it was worth every minute/dollar. exploints included texas two-steppin' at the broken spoke (where, apparently, I danced with a man that someone called "Austin music royalty"), breakfast tacos at mi madre's, jogs along town lake, shopping in my SoCo neighborhood, pepper-crust burgers at woodland, seafood-stuffed chile rellenos and pomegranate margaritas at manuel's, champagne flights at cru, gospel brunch with the river city christianettes at stubb's bbq, champassion cocktails and cheese plates at my beloved hotel san jose and, of course, all-you-can-eat bbq at salt lick out in the hill country.

(honestly, it makes me full just thinking about it)

hope your wknds were as fabulous as mine. now, if you'll excuse me, I need some coffee and preferably a nap... wait, what? you want me to WORK? dude. you must be kidding.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger L Sass said...

OMG, your weekend was so much better than mine, which featured--taking a lot of Zicam and Airborne to ward off sickness, napping and watching America's Next Top Model reruns. Will I ever have a life again?

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Erica said...

oh, salt lick, how i remember thee.... sigh...

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I know you? Are we friends?

What do you look like again?

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home