i found this photo gallery (found through fark) to be completely fascinating. topic: what a family eats in a week in 15 homes around the world.
things that stood out to me:
- mayonnaise sandwiches in the U.K. - gross!
- the african refugee camp family
- the amount of packaged foods in the american families' pictures
- the amount of neon-colored things in the NC family's picture
- the overflowing amount of fruits/vegetables in non-american families' pictures
- how much $ the germans spend on their food
- how good some of the recipes sounded (i.e. chicken biryana with basmati rice and fried shredded pork with sweet and sour sauce)
- how unappealing some of the recipes sounded (pig's knuckles with carrots, celery and parsnips or bacon & herring from germany)
- how much i loved the ecuadorian family's hats
- how the bhutan family feeds what looks like ten generations of relatives on $5/week
what stands out to you?